Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice:Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
- Juliette Ferrars: Locked up in an insane asylum, Juliette must convince herself daily that she's not a monster, even though her hands say otherwise. Juliette changes from a normal girl at the start to a fighter, a genuine hard-core fighter.
- Adam Kent: A soldier in the army, and an old almost-friend of Juliette's; he is in charge of her.
- Aaron Warner: A power hungry mad man who will stop at nothing to control Juliette and her ability. He is nineteen years old and the son of the leader of The Reestablishment.
- Kenji Kishimoto: A soldier in Warner's army who is friendly with Adam.
- James Kent: Adam's younger brother.